Lemme Be




I decided to write a new poem. I haven't been writing as much as i should gotta get back into the swing of things so here it is.... this will be my entry for today...

Ahhh……
Lemme sit down and relax.
Get a chance to love myself.
Sometimes I get so busy,
Real busy.
Gotta give some time.
It’s hard to be a vessel
When you stressin.
Lemme stop.
Think.
Listen.
Try to understand my life.
I’ve found myself.
Time to be true.
True to me.
To be Rocky.
Not anyone else.
Society is pleading that I be someone else.
But I gotta be myself.
Love myself.
Take care of her.
She’s crying to get out.
Forced to withdraw my personality,
Just because of what YOU think?
Who made you God?!
I’m me.
Who are you?
You’re not me!
I’m me!
I’m she!
I’m the,
true vine connecting art.
With just a pen and a paintbrush.
I rush.
To be true to myself.
And no one else.
18’s a hard age.
But I vow on this day
To never let Racquel be
Anything but Scrumptuosity.